Monday, March 06, 2006

Hmm... Sugar

The other day I had a close call. One of those experiences that makes you so nervous that you can’t breath, your heart stops, and your blood begins to boil. I was at a Laundromat waiting for my clothes to finish drying and I spotted a vending machine. I strolled in the direction of the vending machine, lost in wonder at what delectable treasures it might hold.

As I neared my point of destination my eyes were drawn to a magic land of tantalizing goodies. I was torn with all of the choices which from which I would have to choose only ONE! However it didn’t take long before I saw the ONE. The one that made my knee’s begin to tremble, The Granny B’s Original Pink Sugar Cookie. This treat, as I consulted my appetite was the most sugar packed treasure that almost any machine could possibly hope to offer me.

My cat-like reflexes wasted no time in getting the appropriate amount of change into the coin slot. I ever so excitedly pressed the buttons 4 and 3 to release the power packed goodness contained in the Pink sugar cookie. As the turnstile moved to release the cookie the cookie rbbed up against the side of the machine and stalled… as did my life.

There is no more upsetting moment in a true sugar driven mans existence, short of the death of an immediate family member’s life, than the possibility of have you’re paid for treat stuck in a heartless unforgiving vending machine. A string of cold and cruel vocabulary entered my mind, my leg and fist both began to cock. Right before the pleasant existence of this machine was about to be ended by my fit of sugar driven rage, the machine gave up the treat and a small tear of bliss rolled down my cheek. I gently picked up the cookie and my life was complete again.

It was only a split second that my cookie was stalled and yet the emotions and feeling it stirred with in me seemed to take up eternity.

1 comment:

L84AROPIN said...

darn henchan, you sure are funny! you know if folks knew you they'd probly laugh their bumms off at what you say! dadgumm man. best part of them cookies is the frosting. i eat all the cookie out from under it and then snarf the frosting. seinaru ushi! its a TON of sugar but it feels soooooo good!