Saturday, April 15, 2006

Girls=Chimps??

Many of you may have already read this, however, many of you may not have.

Have you ever had a hard time trying to understand women? I sure know
I have. Then the other day it hit me. The reason that I'm having a
hard time understanding women is that they may not have evolved as
much as men have.

My first inclination that my hypothesis might be true was somewhat
confirmed the other day while I was sitting in a meeting.
Just so we're on the same page as me, when I think of community
grooming, I think of chimpanzees or some sort of primate. If you
disagree, you can stop reading now and save both you and I time about
arguing are differences of what comes to mind when we think about
community grooming. Not that I think about community grooming very
often, but occasionally it gets brought to my attention.
So I was sitting there paying attention as much possible for a
mid-twenties aged male with some degree of ADD. Anyway, I was sitting
there and the girl sitting next to me, yes I was able to sit next to a
girl, starts pulling hair off of the person in front of them. She
pulled four or five strands of hair off the person in front of them
and then she proceeded to move lint off the their shirt. Not to
mention she was trying to do it without letting the "now groomed"
person finding out that she was grooming them. I said to her, why are
you doing that. She said, I don't know, it was bugging me that some
things were out of place. I told her that was stupid and she should
stop. She went to groom another person in front her. I promptly
stopped her and challenged her to let it be and see if she could just
ignore the fact that another girl had shed a piece of hair from her
head and it was sitting on her shoulder. She couldn't it, it drove
her crazy that she was not able to groom another person.
Back to my original train of thought, girls have a tendency to act
like chimps and groom other people.
Another link is you might have also noticed if you have ever been
exposed to chimps at all. To explain this next thought I used to go
to this park that had some chimps in a good sized animal friendly
environment. Anyway, the chimps would play and have a good time, and
them BAM!!, one chimp would take something too far and the chimps were
in a fight. They would scream at each other and try to scratch each
other. They would fight for about a minute or two and then they would
each retreat to a different monkey and started making chimp noises
while pointing at the other chimp with whom they were fighting with.
I don't know exactly how long the fights would last, but when I would
go to the park four or five days later the same two chimps would be
playing again as if nothing had happened before.
When I noticed the correlation of the fight, friend, fight, friend
relationship I couldn't help but think that most of the girls I've
known in my life have, on a few different occasions if not several
different occasions, have acted the same way. I don’t know if it was
just a coincidence or if there may actually be a pattern, but in a few
different areas, girls and chimps seem to have a some common ground.
Not that I think that girls and chimps should start hanging out or
getting to know each other better, just simply pointing out the fact.
Besides, guys really like girls and guys, in most cases think that
chimps are really cool.

3 comments:

Amberae said...

Yet another post about primates. I'm still not convinced you're coco.

And, being of the female species, I take offense to this post. hmph.

... ok, actually I don't. It takes a lot to offend me. It was actually kind of funny. You're kind of a funny guy, Josh. I mean... funny lookin'... just thought you should know.

Amberae said...

oops, i'm not convinced you're NOT coco.

L84AROPIN said...

shoot man, you are so full of wisdom! you should surely be writing advice colums for a syndacate or sumthin! rock on ojiichan!