Sunday, May 14, 2006

Summer=Freetime??

I have just graduated with a BA in Marketing and people always ask me what I want to do with it. I tell them, continue going to school. So I graduated and yet it seems like I still have yet to recieved the bench mark of freedon that is often associated there with.

Also, another school year has bit the dust and summer has come. Usually with summer comes the anticipation of a care free world in which everybody has the same goal, have fun all day everyday. Well, I think that is a disallusioned thought because now that school is out I don't have anymore freetime than I did before and other people seem to have less.

I think that I'm hitting that phase in life were I'm beginning to realize that I can't be a kid forever. I do try my best to keep in touch with my inner child, but it seems like inevitability is closing in on me and I can't escape. There always seems to be talk of the future. Children don't think about the future and neither do I. Kids like to ride bikes, play games, get dirty, and spill ice-cream down the front of their shirt. I like to do the same things that kids do, but it can be difficult because I seam to be stuck in some sort of adult world. My boss doesn't appreciate me getting dirty or playing hide and seek while on the clock. I guess I can understand why, but if I still have to go to school than I think that I should still be somewhat immune fromt he reallity that plagues the real working force.

Maybe I'm just crazy or maybe I have a problem with people ruining my fun. Either way it seems as though either school or work always take their toll at the least opportune moment. I now just rely on the fact that I only have a year and a half left and then who knows? As long as the inner child can last for another ten years I think I can make it through just about anything.

1 comment:

L84AROPIN said...

Tell me about not being able to still be a kid. I think the big problem is that I have become as big or bigger than the adults and now they think I am one of them! They are crazy if they just base membership in their group upon size! There ought to be a KAT (Kids Apptitude Test) and as long as you can pass that you can get away with being a kid. The test will be written by ten to fifteen year old kids and as long as you can understand the jive thwrown at you BINGO you can still say offhand yet true comments like "Why does that man have girl hair?" and get away with it. BOOYAH!