Friday, February 29, 2008

Free Pizza Happens

So today at work was pretty busy and I had worked through the normal lunch hours. It was no big deal, it happens from time to time. So it was around 2:30pm this afternoon and this guy that works on my floor comes into my office, throws an olive garden box down on my desk and said, "There just about an entire pizza in here, I hope you haven't had lunch yet."
I was quite surprised to say the least. I opened the box and there was on piece missing from the pizza, which was replaced by 3 still warm trademark Olive Garden bread sticks. It really was a beautiful site. If I was capable of tears I just might have shed a few.

Several times I have been patron the Olive Garden and experience quite a diverse selection of foods, but this is the first time I have ever even seen an Olive Garden pizza. If by chance you are a fan of the pizza food group as myself and have yet to experience an Olive Garden pizza I would definitely suggest you give it a try. I would not say it is the best pizza I've ever had, but it was one worth noting.

2 comments:

Quela said...

I always get the same thing when I go there. Fettuccini Alfredo. pretty boring, but it's soooo good. Maybe some day I'll be brave and try out a pizza. Maybe you could pass on the good deed of a free pizza to me someday. Ya know, Pay it Forward. I won't mind.

Josh said...

I, like many other people,am usually not in the mood for pizza when I'm at the Olive Garden.
Also, I'm not sure if I would be willing to pay an Olive Garden price for a pizza.
But who knows, I could change my mind at anytime. I may even find it in my heart to pay it forward someday.